Australia has strong anti-discrimination laws protecting you from discrimination on the basis of your religious beliefs or activity. Australians are protected from religious discrimination in several circumstances, including whilst at work, whilst seeking work, in the provision of goods and services and in an educational institution.
Discrimination on the basis of religious activities or beliefs refers to unfavourable or less favourable treatment because of your religious beliefs or lack thereof or your religious activity. Call us today if your have been:
- Bullied because of your religious beliefs,
- Laughed at or criticised because of your religious beliefs, rituals, or practices,
- Subjected to degrading language or behaviour because of your religious beliefs or activity,
- Prevented from wearing clothing which is important to your religious beliefs, such as a turban, a headscarf or a cross,
- Sacked because of your religious beliefs or activity,
- Not promoted because of religious beliefs or activity,
- Not given training opportunities because of your religious beliefs or activity,
- Treated unfavourably because of your association with someone (for example a family member) on the basis of that person’s religious beliefs or activity,
- Refused service because of your religious beliefs or activity,
You are afforded protection under various Australian Equal Opportunity and Anti-Discrimination acts. This is a complicated area of law, with certain exemptions which may be relevant to your case. Many people do not realize that they may have a claim, or do not understand what discrimination or harassment means under the relevant legislation. We can advise you, help you prepare a statement, gather evidence and represent you in the relevant Commission to make sure that your voice is heard.
You are entitled to justice and a fair go, under no circumstances do you have to suffer or put up with discrimination in the workplace and other life circumstances. Why should you suffer because of your employer, or their failure to act on your complaints? Many people do not realize that they may be eligible or just not sure as to the merits of their claim. Call now to have a confidential discussion regarding your situation.
We will make sure to stand up for your rights. Call us today!
TOLL FREE: 1800 333 666