How We Can Help
Why should I get a Representative?
AWDR assists individuals or groups to obtain justice for dismissal, adverse action, sexual harassment or discrimination. Several people think that the Employers or the wealthy always win, this is not our belief and we have proven that this is not the outcome on several occasions.
Many people who have attempted to battle on without representation have found that they have stepped into the proverbial minefield.
- Costs begin to mount with possibly no income,
- Frustration builds as negotiations break down,
- Experienced Employers know how to work the system against you.
Lodging a claim with the Fair Work Commission, Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commissions, or VCAT can be complex. Employers, in many cases, use “legalese” arguments such as jurisdictional objections, so that your claim cannot be heard. We have in-depth knowledge of the legislation and case law relevant to your claim. We have the expertise to get to the heart of the matter and deal with any curve ball that comes our way.
We are not intimidated by big companies, well-spoken HR Managers or elaborate law firms. Our industry reputation and experience means that Employers know that we will zealously fight a claim.
Pursuing a claim on your own can be emotionally stressful, especially if you’re looking for new employment, experiencing stress and anxiety, or dealing with difficult personal circumstances. Having a representative means we take the workload and stress of pursuing a claim off your hands and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
We will give you honest and open advice, you may not always like what you hear but you will know where you stand.
We can assist you in four ways:
- Accessibility: We want to listen to you, and are ready to help 7 days a week.
- Affordability: No ongoing costs and in some cases, no win no pay.
- Specialists: In mediation, negotiation, arbitration and advocacy
- Honest Assessment: We will not lead you astray or prolong your complaint just to charge fees. The skill in all systems is to get the result you want as early as you can and get out.
Australian Workplace Discrimination Representatives (AWDR) prides itself on being able to resolve, through negotiation and zealous representation, problems that arise in the workplace.
For all industrial relation matters, but most importantly, quick settlements with justice and a practical approach, you sometimes need someone to fight for you.
TOLL FREE: 1800 333 666
EMERGENCY 24 HOURS: 0421 634 370