How do parties find a lawyer to represent them?

The Registry cannot give names of lawyers, however the Law Society of NSW may be contacted for the names of solicitors practising in the area of employment law. Assistance and advice may be available from community legal centres, unions, and employer organisations. 

Can parties be represented?

Parties may appear on their own behalf or may be represented by a union, employer organisation, friend or family member or may, subject to the leave of the Commission, be represented by a lawyer or an industrial agent.